Are you new in hacking? If you are new in hacking you maybe searching for good hacking tools for you. There are plenty of good hacking tools out there but I am here with best 5 hacking tools that you can use and with full explaination of those uses.
These all information shown here is just for educational purposes. We will not be responsible if you use these tools for illegal purposes.
So, lets start with some of the great Hacking tools out there.
Top hacking Tools are:
Nmap Stands Network Mapper. It is an open-source tool that is used widely for network discovery and security auditing. It is useful for tasks such as network inventory, managing service upgrade schedules, and monitoring host or service uptime.
It runs on all major computer operating systems such as Windows and Linux.
Nmap command use server names such as IPV4 addresses or IPV6 addresses.
Uses of Nmap:
- It Identifies open ports on target hosts in a preparation for auditing.
- It generates traffic hosts on a network, response analysis, and response time management.
- Nmap also helps in DNS queries and Subdomain search.
- It is best in finding and exploiting vulnerabilities in a network.
- Network mapping, network inventory, and maintenance.
- Get accurate packet routes until the target machines
Wireshark is a packet analyzer that is free and open-source formerly known as Ethereal, captures packet in real-time and represented in a human-readable format. It is very similar to tcpdump, but has a graphical front-end, plus some integrated sorting and filtering options. For captures packet, it uses pcap only that type of network which supports it.
Wireshark supports more than two thousand network protocols, many of them esoteric, uncommon, or old, the modern security professional will find analyzing IP packets to be of most immediate usefulness.
Uses of Wireshark:
- Search and filter packets on many criteria.
- Import packets from text files containing hex dumps of packet data.
- In editcap program, it captures files that can be programmatically edited or converted via command-line switches.
- Detect insecure applications and Suspicious Protocols.
Metasploit is one of the best powerful exploit tools. It comes in two versions Free and Commercial edition. Metasploit can be used with the command prompt or with Web UI. This tool is so good and it is used by ethical hackers and cybercriminals to probe vulnerabilities on networks and servers. It is easily customizable and uses in most of the operating system.
It includes more than 1677 exploits organized over 25 platforms including Android, PHP, Python, Java, CISCO, and many more.
- Exploits: Take advantage of system weakness.
- Encoders: Used to convert code or Information
- Shellcode: The code that is activated to program inside the target.
- Nops: An Instruction to keep the payloads from crashing.
- Post-exploitation code: Help test deeper penetrate once inside.
- Payloads: Sets of malicious code.
- Auxiliary functions: Supplementary tools and commands.
4. John the Ripper
John the Ripper is one of the best tool for password cracking. John the Ripper’s primary modes to crack passwords are single crack mode, wordlist mode, and incremental.
- Single crack mode is the fastest and best mode if you have a full password file to crack.
- Wordlist mode compares the hash to a known list of potential password matches.
- Incremental mode is the most powerful and possibly won’t complete.
Features that you should know:
- It includes its own list of the common password of 20+ languages.
- It has thousands of possible passwords for which it can generate a corresponding hash value which provides high chances to get the desired password.
- Additional modules extend its ability to Md-4 based passwords hashes and passwords which stored in LDAP, MYSQL, and others
- It has the ability to crack multi-encrypted formats.
Acunetix is an automated web application security testing tool that audits your web applications by checking for vulnerabilities like SQL Injection, Cross-site scripting, and other exploitable vulnerabilities.
- Web server security scan (Port Scanner) against services such as DNS, SSH etc
- Discovery of directories with weak permissions.
- Includes advanced manual penetration testing tools like the HTTP Editor, HTTP Fuzzer, HTTP Sniffer, and more.
- Automatic Custom error page detection
- Discovery of directories with weak permissions
- Scan comparison tool to easily spot differences and locate new vulnerabilities between previous and recent scans
These were the top hacking tools that you can use. If you know any other good tools but not mentioned in this list then do not forget to comment down below. We will be happy to know that. If you think this post was helpful and if you learned something new then do not forget to read the following posts: